Midway through my workday, as I was tucking into my last remaining Iced Mince Pie – I stumbled upon this wonderful blog post on the “10 Laws of Productivity”.
What are the rules I hear you think…
- Break the seal of hesitation.
- Start small.
- Protoype, prototype, prototype.
- Create simple objectives for projects, and revisit them regularly.
- Work on your project a little bit each day.
- Develop a routine.
- Break big, long-term projects into smaller chunks or “phases.”
- Prune away superfluous meetings (and their attendees).
- Practice saying “No.”
- Remember that rules – even productivity rules – are made to be broken.